Open Source Chat Servers in Java
Claros Chat is a full featured Jabber client for the web. It is the same stand alone chat client which is built into the inTouch communications suite. Claros Chat is well tested with Google Talk and it supports all major browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Mozilla. With a minimalistic and elegant user interface, Claros Chat looks much like a desktop application.
- Jabber Based: Works with any Jabber server, including Google Talk.
- JSP/Servlets Based: It is built using standard JSP/Servlets can run on any Java capable operating system.
- Ajax Based: It is a 100% Ajax application, with a clean and nice user interface.
- Works in browser: Works 100% within the browser, no setup neither any plugins required.
- Platform and Browser Independent: Supports all major browsers and operating systems.
- Supports Transports: Chat with any network(MSN, AIM...) with a suitable gateway installed.
- Notifications: It can display user avatars including your own besides alert a sound on a new message.
- Smileys: Supports many of the emotions with MSN like smileys.
GujChat is a new Chat System capable of managing multiple chat servers, each one serving different rooms and options for its users. One single installation delivers webmasters different templates, rooms, languages and configurations
Ace Operator is a collaboration tool for enabling interactive communications between live company representatives and online users from web sites. By simply clicking on the “live help” button, online customers can get access to company representatives and exchange information in real-time. In addition, company representatives can monitor online users and initiate a dialog with a user. Ace Operator is ideal for online companies that offer products and services over the web. It is also suitable for pre-sales collaboration and for customer support centers. Ace Operator can be deployed in a hosting environment as a revenue generating application for ASP/ISP and web hosting companies. Ace Operator runs on any Java-enabled computer and is supported on Linux and Windows operating systems.
Chat Everywhere gives you the possibility to easily put a real-time discussion forum on your website. It allows extended (Irc-like) commands, several levels of hierarchy and an easy to modify configuration file.
FreeCS is a free chatserver (WebChat) written in Java. Its main features are:
- Fully customizable layout (including the messages sent by users and the server)
- Authentication by module (SQL-authentication or no-authentication implemented)
- Authorization-framework (Who may use which command)
- Networking is done with the new none-blocking-IO-Classes of Java
LlamaChat is designed to provide an open source, chat server/client pair for use on the web. It is written in java and supports many advanced chat functionality including secure connections, emoticons, administrative class users, and more.
JML is a java Msn Messenger library that supports MSNP8-MSNP12. It is optimized for multiple users and is intended to be very easy to follow and use.
OpenCHAT is a 100% HTTP and HTML based chat server written in Java. It has it?s own stand alone HTTP server integrated and does not need any Applet or special software on client side to run on, but only a frames enabled web browser.
Chipchat is web chat program written in java language. It is web application and need web server such as Tomcat. It uses Applets on the client-side.
OpenYMSG is an open source Yahoo Messenger API implementation. It began as a fork of jYMSG, primarily to upgrade the API. It is intended to get you up and running with a simple Yahoo Messenger client in very little time.